Bopa Moruo’s invests growth capital, replacement capital and transformational capital in established industrial and services companies to achieve superior long-term capital appreciation
Bopa Moruo’s primary objective is to achieve superior medium to long-term capital appreciation through significant minority or control investments in established industrial and services companies.
Bopa Moruo believes that long-term capital appreciation in its investments is best achieved by building and growing great businesses through:
• appropriate and responsible financial structuring;
• creating alignment with investment partners and management;
• driving growth and profitability;
• promoting transformation and B-BBEE;
• promoting socially responsible and environmentally sustainable business practices; and
• promoting high standards of corporate governance and responsibility.
• Growth capital to fund organic growth and growth by acquisition;
• Buyout capital for management buy-outs/buy-ins and leveraged buy-outs; and
• BEE capital as a fully funded BEE partner.
• Investments that require equity capital of at least R25 million.
• Bopa Moruo is able to take a significant minority shareholding or a controlling shareholding in its investments.
• Bopa Moruo does not make investment in direct mining, property and primary agriculture.
• Bopa Moruo does not make investments in start-ups, venture capital investments, early stage investments and turnaround investments.
Bopa Moruo is classified as a black investor under the B-BBEE Codes of Good Practice and is thus able to make fully funded and appropriately structured BEE investments.