Bopa Moruo’s invests growth capital, replacement capital and transformational capital in established industrial and services companies to achieve superior long-term capital appreciation.
Bopa Moruo’s primary objective is to achieve superior medium to long-term capital appreciation through significant minority or control investments in established industrial and services companies.
Bopa Moruo believes that long-term capital appreciation in its investments is best achieved by building and growing great businesses through:
• appropriate and responsible financial structuring;
• creating alignment with investment partners and management;
• driving growth and profitability;
• promoting transformation and B-BBEE;
• promoting socially responsible and environmentally sustainable business practices; and
• promoting high standards of corporate governance and responsibility.
• Growth capital to fund organic growth and growth by acquisition;
• Buyout capital for management buy-outs/buy-ins and leveraged buy-outs; and
• Transformational and BEE capital as a fully funded BEE partner.
• Investments that require equity capital of at least R50 million.
• Bopa Moruo is able to take a significant minority shareholding or a controlling shareholding in its investments.
• Bopa Moruo does not make investment in direct mining, property and primary agriculture.
• Bopa Moruo does not make investments in start-ups, venture capital investments, early stage investments and turnaround investments.
Bopa Moruo is classified as a black investor under the B-BBEE Codes of Good Practice and is thus able to make fully funded and appropriately structured BEE investments.
Bopa Moruo recognises the importance of developing and implementing environmental, social, governance and transformational (“ESGT”) policies in its operations and investment process.
Seek to achieve positive long-term outcomes across financial and ESGT objectives.
Bopa Moruo incorporates ESGT considerations into its operational and investment processes and facilitates the same in its portfolio companies.